A miter saw is a great tool to have when you are trying to make angled cuts. It is usually used for making cuts on picture frames, crown molding, window casings and other cuts that you cannot make with a regular saw. Every handyman or contractor knows that a miter saw is an essential tool in their workshop. With that being said, finding the best miter saw to match not only your budget but the tasks at hand can be difficult.
To make your job easier since we have better things we would rather be doing on our weekends then walking through home depot or lowes. We have compared 10 of the best miter saws on the market.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Miter Saws in 2020
- 10. Hitachi C12FDH 15 Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Miter Saw With Laser
- 9. DEWALT DW713 10 in. Portable Compound Miter Saw
- 8. DeltaS26-262L Shopmaster 10 In. Miter Saw With Laser
- 7. Bosch 120-Volt 12-Inch Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw
- 6. Evolution Power Tools RAGE 3-DB 10-Inch Miter Saw
- 5. DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- 4. DEWALT DWS779 12″ Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- 3. Hitachi C10FCG 15-Amp 10″ Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- 2. DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- 1. Hitachi C10FCE2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- Miter Saws Buying Guide
Top 10 Best Miter Saws in 2020
10. Hitachi C12FDH 15 Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Miter Saw With Laser
Hitachi C12FDH Review: The Hitachi C12FDH 15 Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Miter Saw is a miter saw that adjust perfectly to various cutting jobs, making it perfect to use by carpenters, woodworkers, and others. The C12FDH comes with a Laser marking system that ensures cuts are always accurate. You also get plenty of power with this unit with its 15 amp motor capable of generating 1950 watts of power and delivers 4000 rpm. Its great features and price are two reasons why many choose to buy this miter saw.
9. DEWALT DW713 10 in. Portable Compound Miter Saw
The DW713 10″ Compound Miter Saw has a 15 Amp motor delivers 5,000 rpm, extended power, and durability. Features stainless steel miter detent plate and cam miter lock that provides repeatable accuracy and durability with easy adjustments. Tall sliding fences support 4-1/2″ of crown molding vertically nested. Lightweight design and built-in carry handle for portability.
8. DeltaS26-262L Shopmaster 10 In. Miter Saw With Laser
Shop Master 10 in. Miter saw with a battery operated laser that makes aligning the blade to the workpiece more convenient and precise. It features a Spindle Lock that holds the blade in place during changes. The shop Master 10 in. Miter saw is perfect for the Dyer in the family or for everyday use. It features a powerful 15 amp motor that cuts through wood like butter and spins the 10 in. The blade at 5500 RPM. It has denoted stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees.
The battery-powered laser ensures an accurate cut every time. It is UL listed and comes with a 3-year warranty. The saw can make left bevel cuts from 0 to 47 degrees. It works virtually with all Miter saw stands.
7. Bosch 120-Volt 12-Inch Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw
The Bosch-exclusive Axial-Glide offers wider cross-cuts, enhanced alignment and a smooth glide for the life of the tool. The Bosch miter saw’s 15 Amp motor delivers no-load speeds of 3,800 RPM for quick, accurate cuts in many materials. For added convenience and versatility, the saw is compatible with a variety of 12 In. blades and it has a clear lower guard to provide unobstructed cut-line visibility.
The GCM12SD provides easy adjustments with upfront bevel and miter controls and detents at common angles. The saw’s all-metal bevel lock lever and range selector are located up front to make bevel adjustments easy.
6. Evolution Power Tools RAGE 3-DB 10-Inch Miter Saw
Evolution RAGE 3-DB, 10 in., TCT, Multi-purpose Double Bevel Compound Sliding Miter Saw is capable of cutting steel, aluminum, wood with nails in and plastic with just one blade. With the double bevel facility, the need to re-adjust the workpiece is significantly reduced. The RAGE 3-DB includes a 12-5/8 in. slide for long-angled cuts, a large base for extra cutting stability and laser guidance for optimum accuracy.
5. DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The DWS780 12 in. Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw has a 15 Amp motor and integrated XPS cross cut positioning system for adjustment-free accurate cut line indication. Tall sliding fences support 7-1/2 in. of nested crown and 6-3/4 in. of base molding vertically. Exclusive Back Fence Design cuts up to 2×16 dimensional lumber at 90°. Increased miter capacity of 60° (R) and 50° (L) features durable stainless steel miter detent plate with a cam lock for repeatable accuracy with easy adjustments.
4. DEWALT DWS779 12″ Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The DEWALT DWS779 slide compound miter saw is ideal for most cutting applications including crown molding up to 7-1/2 in. This miter saw is designed with a powerful 15 Amp, 3800 RPM motor that delivers extended power and durability. The exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2 x 14 dimensional lumbers at 90 degrees and 2×10 at 45 degrees.
3. Hitachi C10FCG 15-Amp 10″ Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
The Hitachi C10FCG 15 Amp 10 In. a compound miter saw is ideal for trim carpenters, framers, and woodworkers who demand precision, reliability, and versatility on the job. The 15 amp motor generates a no-load speed of up to 5,000 RPM for making crosscuts and miters with ease, even on the toughest cutting jobs. The C10FCG is lighter than its predecessor (model C10FCE2) weighing just 24.2 lbs. for easier transport. It’s the lightest 10 In. compound miter saw in its class to date. It has a large table with a vice clamping system to hold your workpiece safely in place.
The thumb-actuated positive miter stops allow for simple miter adjustments. The bevel has a range of 45-degrees to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts. The C10FCG has a large extended flip fence which rises to 4 In. to allow for accurate cutting of large workpieces. To keep your workspace clean and safe, a dust collector attachment is included. It is covered by Hitachi’s 5-year warranty.
2. DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
The DW715 12 in. Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw is powered by a 15 Amp motor to drive 4,000 rpm, delivering extended power and durability. Features stainless steel miter detent plate and cam miter lock that provides repeatable accuracy and durability with easy adjustments. Tall sliding fences support 6-1/2 in. of base molding vertically and 5-1/4 in. of crown molding vertically nested. Lightweight design and built-in carry handle for portability.
1. Hitachi C10FCE2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
The Hitachi C10FCE2 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw provides smooth, accurate miters and crosscuts in a variety of workpieces, including wood, plywood, decorative panels, soft fiberboard, hardboard, and aluminum sashes. Its flexible miter angles and compound cutting capability provide versatility on the job. An ideal tool for trim carpenters, framers, and woodworkers who demand precision and reliability, the C10FCE2 is the lightest and most portable compound miter saw in its class.
C10FCE2 Compound Miter SawTool Specifications Blade Diameter 10″ Amps 15 No-Load Speed 5,000 RPM Miter Angle Range 0°-52° L & R Bevel Angle Range 0°-45° Left Weight 26.3 lbs Positive miter stops let you select preset points at specific angles. View larger. Adjust the bevel up to 45 degrees to the left for precision cuts. View larger. Dust collector keeps saw’s interior components dirt-free. Compound Feature for Precise Miters and BevelsHitachi designed
Miter Saws Buying Guide
- Size: One of the main aspects of a miter saw is the fact that is not used to run along a workpiece, such as a circular saw or jigsaw. The cutting ability is limited to the size of the blade for most miter saws, so the size of the blade is an essential specification. Although there are miter saws that can slide to take on an expanded cutting space, the actual blade size is still very relevant. Larger-sized miter saws are going to be more appropriate for industrial and professional use, while smaller sizes are better-suited for home use.
- Power: Most miter saws will have a sufficient amount of power, but any models that have an expanded amount will cut even more precise. 15 amp motors are common for higher-end saws, providing anywhere from 3,000 to 3,800 RPM for blade speeds. Higher-powered miter saws can usually be used for a variety of materials that go well beyond wood, depending on the blade used.
Hopefully, you now have a much better idea about miter saws, their capabilities, and what aspects to prioritize for your own use. We strongly recommend any of the six saws on this list, with each depending on your average project needs, and of course your budget. Regardless of which saw you go with, you’ll soon be enjoying the convenience and efficiency that miter saws can provide for your woodworking and material needs, setting you up for many successful projects in the future.
Last update on 2020-06-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API