Sooner than later, you will require a ladder at home. If not for maintenance work than for undertaking a DIY project. That is why; having a ladder at home is a good idea. Instead of having the fixed ladders, a good option is to go for the extension ladder. It will ensure that you can easily adjust the height of the ladder according to your requirement.
Most of you would not have any prior experience in buying an extension ladder. That is why, when buying it for the first time it can be a daunting task. Moreover, you would not like to spend hours together to choose the right one either. That is why; we will now make it easier for you to pick one today. We will first start with the top 10 best options when it comes to extension ladders and then progress to the factors which you should consider when looking to buy an extension ladder.
Table of Contents
- Here are the Top 10 Best Extension Ladders in 2021
- 10. Idealchoiceproduct 12.5FT Ladder Extension Steps
- 9. GOOD LIFE 12.5FT Telescopic EN131 Ladder
- 8. Finether 12.5ft Aluminum Telescopic Extension Ladder
- 7. Xaestival 15.5ft EN131 Upgrade Telescoping Ladder
- 6. Luisladders Oshion Aluminum Telescoping Extension Ladder
- 5. Telesteps 1800EP OSHA Extension Ladder
- 4. WolfWise EN131 Telescoping Ladder Aluminum Ladder
- 3. OxGord Aluminum Telescopic Extension Ladder
- 2. Yesker 12.5ft Telescoping Ladder
- 1. Xtend & Climb 770P telescoping-ladders
- Things to consider while buying an extension ladder
Here are the Top 10 Best Extension Ladders in 2021
10. Idealchoiceproduct 12.5FT Ladder Extension Steps
The maximum height of this extension ladder is 12.5 feet. The aluminum construction provides it with high durability. It is lightweight in design. It comes with the carry bag so you can move it around securely. You can lock the ladder with the help of a proper locking mechanism. In the compact form, you can easily place it in the closet. The small size and the portability of this extension ladder make it a good choice.
9. GOOD LIFE 12.5FT Telescopic EN131 Ladder
The next option on our list also has a maximum height of 12.5 feet. The aluminum alloy construction means that the wear and tear is on the lower side. It can handle 330 lbs of load. The weight of the ladder itself is 23.8 lbs. The nonslip design with handles ensures that you can securely use the ladder. The distance between the two steps is 0.98 feet which makes it easy for you to climb the ladder. The lockable design means that you can securely place it and use it for a wide variety of purposes. Thus, when you’re looking for an extension ladder which can handle high load, you can consider this option.
8. Finether 12.5ft Aluminum Telescopic Extension Ladder
The height of this ladder is 12.5 feet. The load carrying capacity is 330 lbs. The multifunctional ladder is suitable for many different applications. It is portable in design so you can carry it around in the folded form easily. The plastic finger protection means that you can climb the ladder without any issue. The bottom consists of non-slip caps. The aluminum alloy construction makes it highly durable. It has a locking feature which allows you to adjust the height of the ladder as per your requirement. It also comes along with two rolling wheels which will enable you to move it around the premises without much of an issue. Thus, if portability is your requirement, you can consider this ladder.
7. Xaestival 15.5ft EN131 Upgrade Telescoping Ladder
If you’re looking for an extension ladder which is taller than the other options, you can consider this one. It is 15.5 feet in height. The nonslip caps at the bottom allow you to place it on any surface. The one-foot increments between the steps will enable you to climb the ladder comfortably. The aluminum alloy construction offers you corrosion resistance. The weight carrying capacity of 330 lbs is more than enough for daily use. You can retract it to a quarter of its maximum height. The retracted size helps you to place it in your car. With the help of heavy-duty straps, you can secure it in the folded form and transport it wherever you want. The functionality of this ladder is much higher than some of its peers. Hence; it has become quite popular.
6. Luisladders Oshion Aluminum Telescoping Extension Ladder
The first feature which you will notice about this extension ladder is that when folded, it occupies a very little space. The maximum height of this ladder is 12.5 feet. The aluminum alloy frame will leave no room for complaints. It is corrosion resistant. It provides it with the load carrying capacity of 330 lbs. You can use it indoor and outdoor as per your needs. Each step has dual coupling to use it securely. The bottom consists of non-slip caps. You can adjust its height precisely as per your requirement. The gripping handles allow you to climb the ladder comfortably. The retracting mechanism is such that the protection spacers reduce friction. It allows you to retract it without much of an effort. Thus, the heavy duty construction and the ease of use of this ladder makes it a good choice.
5. Telesteps 1800EP OSHA Extension Ladder
With the height of 14.5 feet, you cannot go wrong with this ladder. It can also handle a weight of 300 lbs. The ladder weighs 30.5 lbs. It means that you can move it around if you want. The aluminum alloy construction not only makes it lightweight but imparts it the required strength as well. The automatic telescope operation allows you to adjust the height precisely as per your requirement. The silicone bottom means that it will remain in its place irrespective of the load on it. There is a safety indicator on each step which lets you know right away whether it is locked in position or not. With the help of one press release, you can quickly retract it. The safety features provide it with an edge over other options.
4. WolfWise EN131 Telescoping Ladder Aluminum Ladder
The maximum height of this extension ladder is 12.5 feet. The thick aluminum design allows you to use it without worrying about wear and tear. It consists of nonslip caps which can hold it firmly in place. You can open and close it without hurting your fingers. The design is such that it is entirely safe for use. Between each step, the distance is one foot which makes climbing easy. The weight carrying capacity of 330 lbs is an added advantage.
In the foldable form, you can secure it along with the strap so that it will occupy a minimal amount of space. With the help of an independent locking mechanism, you can securely keep it in place and also retract it as per your requirement. In the folded form, it is just a quarter of its height which allows you to move it around swiftly. Thus, when it comes to a sturdy aluminum alloy extension ladder, you can certainly consider this option.
3. OxGord Aluminum Telescopic Extension Ladder
The extension ladder which we are highlighting now has a maximum height of 12.5 feet. The locking feature helps you in securing every step. There are two steel locking pins for every level. It means that you can climb the ladder safely. It comes along with the carry bag which helps you in carrying it around. There is a strap to secure the ladder in the folded state. The weight bearing capacity is 330 lbs which is a definite advantage. The aluminum construction leaves no room for worries. The non-slip grips at the bottom add to the stability of the ladder. When you’re looking for a sturdy extension ladder, this one is a worthy option to consider.
2. Yesker 12.5ft Telescoping Ladder
The ladder which we are speaking about now has a 12.5 feet telescopic ladder. The aluminum construction means that it provides you with the required support. You can adjust it between 2.5 feet to 12.5 feet. Each increment is of one foot which allows you to customize it with ease. When not in use, the height is just 34 inches. The weight of the ladder is 26 lbs. It allows you to move it around. With a weight-carrying capacity of 300 pounds, you will have no problem at all while using this ladder. The nonslip design means that it will remain in place. The spring locking mechanism can secure the ladder. Each step is 1.5 inch in width which allows you to step on it comfortably. The combination of these features makes this extension ladder a good choice.
1. Xtend & Climb 770P telescoping-ladders
The unique feature of this extension ladder is that it comes in 4 different colors. The height is of 12.5 feet which is more than adequate for day-to-day use. It retracts to a compact form. The locks at the foot ensure that you can secure the steps of the ladder. There is a heavy duty strap on offer which can keep the ladder together when not in use. The nonslip bottom means that it will stay securely in its place.
The aluminum alloy construction further adds to the durability. You can release the ladder using a single hand. One thing which you will notice about this ladder when you see it the first time is its unique finish. It has the anodized finish which is not only easy to clean but gives it an elegant look. The unique finish and the high durability has propelled it to the top of our list.
Things to consider while buying an extension ladder
Let us now look at some of the factors which you should consider while choosing one.
- Height: When you’re speaking about the height of the extension ladder, you have to not just look at the minimum height but also the maximum height. You have to look at the levels at which you can adjust it. Once you look at these factors, it is easy to understand the extension ladder which you should choose.
- Construction quality: You have to look at the construction quality of the ladder. The material can be fiberglass or wood or any other. Once you take this into account, it is easy to understand which one is a good option.
- The weight of the ladder: You might think that the weight of the ladder does not have any say while choosing it. It is not true. You would need to place the ladder against the wall which you want to climb. That is why it matters a lot. If it is lightweight, you can move it around quickly. The weight of the ladder should not compromise the safety of the ladder. You have to keep this factor in mind while choosing it.
- Locking mechanism: When you’re specifically speaking about extension ladders, you have to look at the type of locking mechanism available. The locking mechanism will determine how secure the ladder is. Each time you need to adjust the height of the ladder, you would have to extend it and lock it at that level. That is why; the locking mechanism of the ladder plays a significant role.
If you take these factors into account, it becomes easy to choose the right extension ladder.
So, when you’re searching for extension ladders, it is essential to consider these top 10 best options. The options above have been chosen with great care to include only the best extension ladders on offer. These ladders will make the task of daily maintenance and repair work easy. With heavy duty construction and easy height customization, you cannot go wrong with these ladders.
Last update on 2021-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API