Brad nailer is a stapler-like tool which utilizes thin but invisible brad nails. Brad nailers are beneficial for light and crafts woodworking. They are ideal for fixing lightweight crates together, upholstering and some more applications that need thin nails. They are precisely designed for light-work and low-density materials such as fabric and plywood which require discreet nailing. The brad nailer normally uses a tiny-headed and very small nail. It is cheap and lightweight and can support various applications. The brad nailer fires 18 gauge nail in the most appropriate way.
This nail cannot be hammered in by hand. When selecting the brad nailer, consider slightly longer nail which is compatible with quite a number of the brad nails. The one with a small nose is significant if you require precise and compact nailing in limited spaces. The nailer should be held with 2-hands and always wear safety goggles for safety.
Table of Contents
- Best Brad Nailers in 2019
- 10. DEWALT DCN680D1 Cordless Nailer Kit
- 9. SENCO FinishPro® 18-Gauge 18MG, 2-1/8″ Brad Nailer
- 8. NuMax S2-118G2 18-Gauge 2 In 1 Brad Nailer
- 7. BOSTITCH BTFP12233 Smart Point 18GA Brad Nailer Kit
- 6. DEWALT DC608K 2-Inch 18-Gauge 18-Volt Brad Nailer Kit
- 5. PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA 18GA Cordless 20V Lithium
- 4. DEWALT DWFP12231 2-Inch 18-Gauge Pneumatic Brad Nailer Kit
- 3. Hitachi NT50AE2 5/8-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
- 2. WEN 61720 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
- 1. Stanley TRE550Z Electric Staple Brad Nail Gun
- Brad Nailers Buying Guide
Best Brad Nailers in 2019
10. DEWALT DCN680D1 Cordless Nailer Kit
When it comes to choosing a battery-powered brad nailer that is versatile and tough enough for most major woodworking projects, there is no one better than the DEWALT DCN680D1 20V Max 18 Gauge Angled Brad Nailer. This is an upgrade version of the DEWALT DC608 18V 18-Gauge Cordless Brad Nailer – which came out in 2007 and has quickly become one of the most popular cordless brad nailers so far. I think Dewalt listened to their customers and tried to add more advanced features to this model. Making it the best cordless brad nailer for most homeowners and contractors.
This feature helps reduce significantly overall tool weight and gives better battery mileage, and should provide a longer tool life. According to Dewalt, their brushless motors can deliver up to 57% more runtime over other brushed motors. Compared to Dewalt DC608, the new brushless motor is much stronger and faster. It can drive nails with the speed and consistent power of the best air-powered nailers.
9. SENCO FinishPro® 18-Gauge 18MG, 2-1/8″ Brad Nailer
The FinishPro® by SENCO is a cordless, lightweight brad nailer which is built with magnesium which provides strong suit at a lesser weight. The magazine has a capacity that accommodates 100 nails. This brad nailer is suitable for furniture repair, external trims, and baseboards. The FinishPro® from SENCO requires minimal maintenance.
The FinishPro® SENCO incorporates a swiveling belt hook that adjusts for your convenience. What’s more, the set comprises of hard-shell storage casing. SENCO provides a 5-year limited warranty.
8. NuMax S2-118G2 18-Gauge 2 In 1 Brad Nailer
If you’re on a budget but can’t compromise on power, the pneumatic NuMax S2-118G2 is a sure bet that won’t wreak havoc on your wallet. It boasts a die-cast aluminum body that works with 18-gauge nails and staples alike, making it one of the most versatile choices around.
7. BOSTITCH BTFP12233 Smart Point 18GA Brad Nailer Kit
The BOSTITCH BTFP12233 Smart Point 18-Gauge Brad Nailer Kit is designed to drive nails from 5/8 in. to 2-1/8 in. length. This nailer features Smart Point Technology: Easy nail placement as a result of a smaller nose compared to current BOSTITCH nailers and no need to compress the contact trip to actuate the tool. This unit also features oil-free operation which reduces the risk of oil stains. The tool-free jam release mechanism allows for easy nail removal, and Dial-A-Depth control allows for precise countersinking of brad nails. It also has a selectable trigger system for either sequential or contact operation depending on your choice of operation.
Other added features of this include a 1/4 in. air fitting, rear air exhaust and a belt hook with an integrated pencil sharpener for easy accessibility. Smart Point Technology provides easy nail placement as a result of a smaller nose compared to current BOSTITCH nailers and no need to compress the contact trip to actuate the tool.
6. DEWALT DC608K 2-Inch 18-Gauge 18-Volt Brad Nailer Kit
The DEWALT DC608K features bump operating mode which speeds up the entire process and progressive operating mode which allow precision placement. Its design allows consistent nailing of hard and soft materials, easy and quick. The nosepiece allows jammed nails removal, without the utilizing tools. It has 110 nails magazine capacity. The items can fire nails through sheet, plywood and hardwood materials.
The nailer features a narrow-tapered-nose which allows for easy maneuverability into fitted corners for accuracy joining. It features a lock-off system for safety reasons.
5. PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA 18GA Cordless 20V Lithium
This tool built with a lightweight but durable material. Being cordless, the tool is highly portable. This battery-powered incorporates MAX Lithium-ion battery of 1.5 Ah 20V which can be regularly recharged with the included charger. It also incorporates a special sort of motor which has a potential to fire brad nails through into various materials irrespective of the climate. The nail jam-release property, nail depth setting adjustability, and tool-free release lever offer for a blustery home improvement experience.
4. DEWALT DWFP12231 2-Inch 18-Gauge Pneumatic Brad Nailer Kit
Searching for a robust brad nailer that requires no or little maintenance and the one to rely on? DEWALT DWFP12231 2-Inch 18-Gauge Pneumatic Brad Nailer Kit has 100 nails magazine capacity, non-marring detachable nose end. This product features an adjustable hook. Its motor is maintenance-free and durable.
3. Hitachi NT50AE2 5/8-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
Home improvement tasks often take long, but with well-balanced, lightweight nailer the project is accomplished with ease. With ample trigger and power, control try this economical nailer for small projects. It features dual firing modes with the capability of customizing your experience by picking between rapid firing (continuous) and precise firing (intermittent).
This nailer encompasses adjustable depth-of-drive responsible for varying the nail penetration degree and 100-brad nails magazine capacity. It accommodates nails of varied sizes between 5/8-2in.
2. WEN 61720 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
The WEN 18-Gauge Brad Nailer effortlessly shoots brads anywhere from 3/4 to 2 inches in size. With a lightweight three-pound aluminum body and a comfortable rubber grip handle, this tool is the perfect companion for any job site. Just plug in your favorite air compressor and start nailing. The WEN Brad Nailer operates at anywhere from 60 to 100 PSI with a 1/4-inch NPT air inlet fitting. The spacious magazine carries up to 100 brads, while the quick-release design makes jam clearing a breeze.
It features an adjustable exhaust deflector, a rubber-wrapped handle, a quick-release for jam-clearing, an aluminum body, and a magazine window that shows the remaining brad count. The magazine holds 100 brads, and the tool operates at 60-100 PSI with a 1/4 in. NPT air inlet fitting. This kit includes oil, adjusting wrenches, and a custom carrying case.
1. Stanley TRE550Z Electric Staple Brad Nail Gun
The STANLEY TRE550Z 2-in-1 Electric Stapler and Brad Nailer is a versatile tool for securing cables to posts, installing insulation, ceiling tile, carpet padding and more. As a brad nailer for use with picture frames and molding. A Flush-nose design solves the problem of stapling in tight spots, while a contoured grip provides extra comfort on the job. The tool’s dual power lever Hi/Lo power selection makes it easy to work with hard and soft surfaces while the flush nose design fits into tight spots.
With an anti-jam mechanism, this electric staple nail gun operates smoothly and efficiently saving time on your project. The contoured grip provides a comfortable hold. TRE550Z has an 8-foot power cord and uses Stanley SharpShooter TRA700 Series or Arrow T-50 heavy duty staples and -inch, 9/16-inch, and 5/8-inch brads.
Brad Nailers Buying Guide
- Nose size: With precise nose size, the brad nailer will reach the intended point. Therefore, for the better finishing results, smaller nose size is needed. In addition, always pick the ones that feature non-marring rubber-like nose ends as they assure a clean finish.
- Adjustability: Adjustable brad nailer features power source settings or depth adjustability. Functionality and durability are directly geared by adjustability.
- Type: You will need to put the type into consideration, you can choose the corded, electric or pneumatic. The type also relies on quite a number of factors such as the workplace, power source, and maintenance level.
- Power Source: The power supply should always be considered. This will assist you in selecting the most appropriate kind of brad nailer. It is advisable to opt for a pneumatic one if you happen to own an air compressor or a corded or electric one if it is affordable.
- Trigger Type: Contact and sequential are two common sorts of the trigger. A Contact trigger normally requires you to hit the working material by releasing the fastening immediately. Temporarily, holding the trigger with your fingers can be a bit risky, as the device can be activated instantaneously, no warning. In the case of the sequential trigger, pushing the brad nailer’s tip to the working place and later pull the trigger is required.
With these tools, construction work has been made easier, but if you possess the right brad nailer then all task can be easier to undertake. These tools are designed to allow efficient and quick hammering without sacrificing much effort.