Brad nailer is a stapler-like tool that utilizes thin but invisible brad nails. Brad nailers are beneficial for light and crafts woodworking. They are ideal for fixing lightweight crates together, upholstering, and some more applications that need thin nails. They are precisely designed for light-work and low-density materials such as fabric and plywood which require discreet nailing. The brad nailer normally uses a tiny-headed and very small nail. It is cheap and lightweight and can support various applications. The brad nailer fires 18 gauge nail in the most appropriate way.
This nail cannot be hammered in by hand. When selecting the brad nailer, consider a slightly longer nail which is compatible with quite a number of the brad nails. The one with a small nose is significant if you require precise and compact nailing in limited spaces. The nailer should be held with 2-hands and always wear safety goggles for safety.
Table of Contents
- Best Brad Nailers in 2020
- 10. SENCO FinishPro® 18-Gauge 18MG, 2-1/8″ Brad Nailer
- 9. NuMax S2-118G2 18-Gauge 2 In 1 Brad Nailer
- 8. DEWALT DCN680D1 Cordless Nailer Kit
- 7. BOSTITCH BTFP12233 Smart Point 18GA Brad Nailer Kit
- 6. Hitachi NT50AE2 5/8-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
- 5. Makita AF505N Brad Nailer, 2-Inch
- 4. DEWALT DWFP12231 2-Inch 18-Gauge Pneumatic Brad Nailer Kit
- 3. PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA 18GA Cordless 20V Lithium
- 2. WEN 61721 18-Gauge 3/8-Inch to 2-Inch Pneumatic Brad Nailer
- 1. Stanley TRE550Z Electric Staple Brad Nail Gun
- Brad Nailers Buying Guide
Best Brad Nailers in 2020
10. SENCO FinishPro® 18-Gauge 18MG, 2-1/8″ Brad Nailer
The FinishPro by SENCO is a cordless, lightweight brad nailer that is built with magnesium which provides a strong suit at a lesser weight. The magazine has a capacity that accommodates 100 nails. This brad nailer is suitable for furniture repair, external trims, and baseboards. The FinishPro from SENCO requires minimal maintenance.
The FinishPro® SENCO incorporates a swiveling belt hook that adjusts for your convenience. What’s more, the set comprises of hard-shell storage casing. SENCO provides a 5-year limited warranty.
9. NuMax S2-118G2 18-Gauge 2 In 1 Brad Nailer
If you’re on a budget but can’t compromise on power, the pneumatic NuMax S2-118G2 is a sure bet that won’t wreak havoc on your wallet. It boasts a die-cast aluminum body that works with 18-gauge nails and staples alike, making it one of the most versatile choices around.
8. DEWALT DCN680D1 Cordless Nailer Kit
I think Dewalt listened to their customers and tried to add more advanced features to this model. Making it the best cordless brad nailer for most homeowners and contractors.
This feature helps reduce significantly overall tool weight and gives better battery mileage, and should provide a longer tool life. According to Dewalt, their brushless motors can deliver up to 57% more runtime over other brushed motors. Compared to Dewalt DC608, the new brushless motor is much stronger and faster. It can drive nails with the speed and consistent power of the best air-powered nailers.
7. BOSTITCH BTFP12233 Smart Point 18GA Brad Nailer Kit
The BOSTITCH BTFP12233 Smart Point 18-Gauge Brad Nailer Kit is designed to drive nails from 5/8 in. to 2-1/8 in. length. This nailer features Smart Point Technology: Easy nail placement as a result of a smaller nose compared to current BOSTITCH nailers and no need to compress the contact trip to actuate the tool. This unit also features oil-free operation which reduces the risk of oil stains. The tool-free jam release mechanism allows for easy nail removal, and Dial-A-Depth control allows for precise countersinking of brad nails. It also has a selectable trigger system for either sequential or contact operation depending on your choice of operation.
Other added features of this include a 1/4 in. air fitting, rear air exhaust, and a belt hook with an integrated pencil sharpener for easy accessibility. Smart Point Technology provides easy nail placement as a result of a smaller nose compared to current BOSTITCH nailers and no need to compress the contact trip to actuate the tool.
6. Hitachi NT50AE2 5/8-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
Home improvement tasks often take long, but with a well-balanced, lightweight nailer the project is accomplished with ease. With ample trigger and power, the control tries this economical nailer for small projects. It features dual firing modes with the capability of customizing your experience by picking between rapid firing (continuous) and precise firing (intermittent).
This nailer encompasses adjustable depth-of-drive responsible for varying the nail penetration degree and 100-brad nails magazine capacity. It accommodates nails of varied sizes between 5/8-2in.
5. Makita AF505N Brad Nailer, 2-Inch
This brad nailer from Makita is a very precise tool, and it can be used for finicky jobs when you need to get a nail into a constricted or tight area. Also, with this nail gun, you can always check on the number of nails left in the magazine, so that you don’t run out during work.
4. DEWALT DWFP12231 2-Inch 18-Gauge Pneumatic Brad Nailer Kit
Searching for a robust brad nailer that requires no or little maintenance and the one to rely on? DEWALT DWFP12231 2-Inch 18-Gauge Pneumatic Brad Nailer Kit has 100 nails magazine capacity, non-marring detachable nose end. This product features an adjustable hook. Its motor is maintenance-free and durable.
3. PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA 18GA Cordless 20V Lithium
This tool built with a lightweight but durable material. Being cordless, the tool is highly portable. This battery-powered incorporates MAX Lithium-ion battery of 1.5 Ah 20V which can be regularly recharged with the included charger. It also incorporates a special sort of motor which has the potential to fire brad nails through into various materials irrespective of the climate. The nail jam-release property, nail depth setting adjustability, and tool-free release lever offer for a blustery home improvement experience.
2. WEN 61721 18-Gauge 3/8-Inch to 2-Inch Pneumatic Brad Nailer
Remember when you could build whatever you wanted? Nail nails and fasten fasteners with the WEN 18-Gauge 2-Inch Pneumatic Brad Nailer. Fire 18-gauge brads anywhere from 3/8 to 2 inches in length. Our spring-loaded magazine makes for quick and easy reloads with enough space to hold up to 106 nails. The lightweight body combined with the rubber-lined handle limit fatigue during long days on the job. Operating pressure ranges from 60 to 115 PSI with the nailer consuming 0.028 CFM of air per nail at 88 PSI. The 1/4-inch NPT air inlet allows for a quick connection to your favorite air compressor. Adjust the firing depth of the nailer with the simple turn of the depth adjustment wheel. Check the number of remaining nails through the gauge window mounted on the side of the magazine.
Unlatch the front nose to clear jams quickly and easily. Adjustable air exhaust lets users direct the pneumatic air output in any direction while the powder-coated finish prevents wear and tear to the nailer’s body. This package also includes lubricating oil, hex keys, 500 3/8-inch nails, 500 3/4-inch nails, 500 1-inch nails, and 500 2-inch nails. And, because it’s a WEN product, your nailer comes backed by a two-year warranty and a friendly customer helpline all to make sure you remember WEN.
1. Stanley TRE550Z Electric Staple Brad Nail Gun
The STANLEY TRE550Z 2-in-1 Electric Stapler and Brad Nailer is a versatile tool for securing cables to posts, installing insulation, ceiling tile, carpet padding, and more. As a brad nailer for use with picture frames and molding. A Flush-nose design solves the problem of stapling in tight spots, while a contoured grip provides extra comfort on the job. The tool’s dual power lever Hi/Lo power selection makes it easy to work with hard and soft surfaces while the flush nose design fits into tight spots.
With an anti-jam mechanism, this electric staple nail gun operates smoothly and efficiently saving time on your project. The contoured grip provides a comfortable hold. TRE550Z has an 8-foot power cord and uses Stanley SharpShooter TRA700 Series or Arrow T-50 heavy duty staples and -inch, 9/16-inch, and 5/8-inch brads.
Brad Nailers Buying Guide
- Nose size: With precise nose size, the brad nailer will reach the intended point. Therefore, for the better finishing results, smaller nose size is needed. In addition, always pick the ones that feature non-marring rubber-like nose ends as they assure a clean finish.
- Adjustability: Adjustable brad nailer features power source settings or depth adjustability. Functionality and durability are directly geared by adjustability.
- Type: You will need to put the type into consideration, you can choose the corded, electric, or pneumatic. The type also relies on quite a number of factors such as the workplace, power source, and maintenance level.
- Power Source: The power supply should always be considered. This will assist you in selecting the most appropriate kind of brad nailer. It is advisable to opt for a pneumatic one if you happen to own an air compressor or a corded or electric one if it is affordable.
- Trigger Type: Contact and sequential are two common sorts of the trigger. A Contact trigger normally requires you to hit the working material by releasing the fastening immediately. Temporarily, holding the trigger with your fingers can be a bit risky, as the device can be activated instantaneously, with no warning. In the case of the sequential trigger, pushing the brad nailer’s tip to the working place and later pull the trigger is required.
With these tools, construction work has been made easier, but if you possess the right brad nailer then all tasks can be easier to undertake. These tools are designed to allow efficient and quick hammering without sacrificing much effort.
Last update on 2020-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API