The bike revolution is sweeping the entire planet. An increasing number of people are using bikes for their daily commute. It is an easy way to reach your destination. Moreover, you can reduce your carbon footprint by using bikes. However, it is essential to use the right safety gear when you’re riding your bike. The bike helmet is one of the vital pieces of safety gear which you need to wear while riding the bike.
The problem is that when you’re looking to pick a bike helmet, the choices are plenty, but it is confusing to choose the right one. That is why you have to be pretty selective and know the factors you should consider while selecting one. Today we will help you to solve this problem. We will now share with you the top 10 options available among the various bike helmets which are on the market.
Table of Contents
- These are the Top 10 Best Bike Helmets in 2020
- 10. Retrospec CM-3 Bike Helmet
- 9. VICTGOAL Bike Helmet
- 8. Zacro Lightweight Bike Helmet
- 7. Gonex Bike Helmet
- 6. Thalia Women’s Bike Helmet
- 5. Basecamp Specialized Bike Helmet
- 4. TeamObsidian Airflow Bike Helmet
- 3. GoMax Aero Adult Safety Helmet
- 2. JBM Adult Cycling Bike Helmet
- 1. Schwinn Thrasher Microshell Bicycle Helmet
- Things to consider while buying a Bike Helmet
These are the Top 10 Best Bike Helmets in 2020
10. Retrospec CM-3 Bike Helmet
The bike helmet which we are discussing now is available in 11 different colors. It consists of an LED light which you can control through a knob. The circumference is 52 cm to 61 cm. The size is adjustable in this range. It has 24 different vents to provide you with proper ventilation. The lightweight and aerodynamic design means that you can wear it during the bike ride without any issue. It adheres to the safety standards in the USA and Europe. Thus, when it comes to a versatile and comfortable helmet, it is a good option.
9. VICTGOAL Bike Helmet
The next option on our list is available in 2 different colors. It is adjustable in size which makes it highly versatile. You can adjust it between 57 cm to 61 cm. Moreover, it consists of 28 different vents. It is pretty lightweight and therefore, you can use it for an extended period. With the help of high-density construction, you can be sure that it can provide proper protection and absorb any impact as well. It has a sunglass function which allows you to protect your eyes against the UV rays. It can not only help you against the UV rays but also the red or the black light and even the shining night light. That is why it can make your ride quality much better. The unique features of this helmet make it a good choice.
8. Zacro Lightweight Bike Helmet
The PVC construction along with the EPS foam material means that it is highly comfortable and at the same time it is durable. The size is adjustable between 54 cm to 62 cm. There are adjustable straps to adjust the size easily. Moreover, the ergonomic design ensures that the ventilation is on the higher side and you can use it quite easily. The weight is just 225 g which means that you will feel no pressure while wearing it. It comes along with the seat cover which can protect your seat from dust and water. The additional features and the low weight make it a good option.
7. Gonex Bike Helmet
The next option on our list also consists of 24 different vents which allow plenty of air. It also comes in 4 different color options. It consists of a durable LED which enables you to get proper illumination. You can adjust the size between 58 cm to 62 cm. It is shockproof which provides you with adequate protection. The EPS high-density foam means that it is entirely comfortable as well. With heavy-duty construction and proper illumination, it is a great option.
6. Thalia Women’s Bike Helmet
The helmet which we are discussing now is available in 6 different color options. All the color options are pretty bright and unique. It is a women’s helmet which ensures that there is a feminine touch to the design. That is what makes it unique. It can fit any head between 54 cm to 58 cm which is a definite advantage.
When you look at the number of vents available, there are 16 vents in total. These vents can keep you cool at all times. The comfortable fitting nature of the helmet means that it is easy to wear. There is a built-in visor to ensure that you can protect your face and eyes without any problem. The pinch guard means that you can wear the helmet easily without any issue. If you are specifically looking for a helmet which has a feminine touch, you can go with this option.
5. Basecamp Specialized Bike Helmet
With 16 different color options, you can quickly pick the helmet which is most aesthetically pleasing. It consists of foam on the inner side which makes it highly comfortable. When you look at the PVC material used in the construction, you will realize that it is heavy duty. The PVC material also increases its life span. Along with that, there is a backup battery and a taillight. There is a big light in the front. You can get proper illumination in both directions. There are three different lighting modes which you can select. You can pick between the steady lighting mode, fast lighting mode and the low lighting mode. With the help of a backup battery, you can be sure that the lights will last for an extended period.
The adjustable size allows you to wear it comfortably. It offers a size range between 54 cm to 60 cm. With the weight of just 270 g, you can wear it for an extended period. There are 22 vents which means that you can remain cool when you are wearing it. It also consists of a detachable visor which is an added advantage. All of these features make it a great choice when you’re looking for a bike helmet.
4. TeamObsidian Airflow Bike Helmet
With two different color options which are highly versatile, you can choose this helmet quite easily. The adjustable size allows you to adjust it between 58 cm to 62 cm. With the help of heavy duty construction, you can get proper protection with this helmet. There are 22 large vents which means that you can get adequate air circulation within the helmet. The weight is just 0.63 lbs which ensures that you can wear it without any added pressure. If you’re looking for a helmet with the accessories, this one has it all. It consists of washable pads, cushioned chin strap which make the helmet much more comfortable. The versatile size and high comfort make this helmet a good choice.
3. GoMax Aero Adult Safety Helmet
The helmet which we are speaking about now comes in 6 different color options. There are three different size options to consider. The aerodynamic design means that you can wear it during the bike ride quite comfortably. The weight of the helmet is just 250 g which is a definite advantage. The polycarbonate shell provides you with proper protection. It also significantly increases durability.
The dual fit design along with the adjustable strap allows you to adjust the size. It consists of a rear tail LED light which helps you get proper illumination and attention. With 22 air vents, you can undoubtedly get adequate ventilation. It also has on offer a detachable visor. You can use it in any weather due to this removable visor. The helmet which we are discussing now has all the essential features, and that is what makes it a good choice.
2. JBM Adult Cycling Bike Helmet
The helmet which we are discussing now comes in 8 different color options. It is adjustable according to your head size. The dial system allows you to adjust it precisely. The side straps are also adjustable. That is why adjusting it is not a problem at all. It has high impact resistance which enhances the protection on offer. It consists of durable PVC material which is a definite advantage.
When you look at the design, it is such that there is ample ventilation. It makes it highly comfortable. The breathable material inside makes it convenient for any user. The padding inside is of EPS foam material which provides you with proper comfort. These features make it rise above the rest.
1. Schwinn Thrasher Microshell Bicycle Helmet
The bike helmet on top of our list is available in 13 different color options. Each color is aesthetically pleasing which is why there are quite a few options. The dual fit design means that you can wear it comfortably. The 360 adjustable system allows you to adjust it even when you’re riding the bike. There are 21 air vents in total. With the help of the visor, you can get proper protection from the elements of weather. That tapeless technology allows you to wear it quite quickly and also increases the life span of the helmet.
Heat sealed pads are on offer in this helmet. Owing to this reason wear and tear is minimal. The side straps are easy to adjust. With the help of full shell coverage, it offers you complete protection. You can use the dial to adjust it which is an added advantage. When you’re looking for a helmet which can keep you cool and also provide you with added protection, you should consider this option.
Things to consider while buying a Bike Helmet
- Size: Only when the size is comfortable, you can wear the helmet for an extended period. You have to look at the size chart, and you have to take into account the measurements of the helmet. Once you do so, picking the right helmet is quite easy.
- Ventilation: A closed helmet is suffocating and claustrophobic. It will be stifling. It will result in a lot of sweating. That is why you have to choose a helmet which has proper ventilation. It will allow you to wear it for an extended period. You can wear it throughout the ride if the ventilation is adequate and the air vents are on the higher side.
- Type of helmet: When you’re looking for a bike helmet, there is the road bike helmet, urban helmet, mountain bike helmet, and various other options. The design of each of these helmets is different. That is why you have to look at the type of helmet which you want to choose. Only once you do so, it is easier for you to pick the right one.
- Weight: It should ideally be lightweight. There should be no pressure on your head when you’re wearing it for an extended period. You have to pick the one which is not just lightweight but which provides proper protection.
- Padding: Ultimately it is the padding which will decide how comfortable it is. The padding should be thick, but it should not heat the helmet. That is why you have to look at the thickness of the padding and the type of padding to choose the right helmet. It should be absorbent so that it can absorb the sweat.
When you consider all of these factors, it is easier for you to pick the right bike helmet.