Although babies are prone to getting dirty with every chance they get, their sensitive skin makes it a bit challenging for parents to address their grooming needs without exposing the babies to borderline dangerous chemicals. Seeing how a baby’s skin differs from that of an adult, you should definitely refrain from using normal shampoos when bathing their babies, no matter how sensible the formula may be.
What you want instead is to always employ a baby shampoo, preferably one that you can stick to once you figure out which brand best suits your baby’s needs. In that regard, let us point out that there is a huge market for baby shampoos and that they’re not all formulated to meet the same standards. Let us then find out what are the 10 best baby shampoos the market has to offer and what particularities to consider when buying one.
Table of Contents
- Best Baby Shampoos in 2021
- 10. California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Body Wash
- 9. Nature’s Baby Organics Shampoo & Body Wash
- 8. Aquaphor Baby Wash & Shampoo
- 7. Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash
- 6. Live Clean Baby Gentle Moisture Tearless Shampoo & Wash
- 5. CeraVe Baby Wash and Shampoo
- 4. Babyganics Baby Shampoo and Body Wash
- 3. Bella B Bee Gone Cradle Cap Baby Shampoo
- 2. Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo
- 1. Aveeno Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo
- Baby Shampoos Buying Guide
Best Baby Shampoos in 2021
10. California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Body Wash
This is one of the best organic natural baby shampoos that money can buy. This California baby shampoo is made from a Vegan formula composed of natural ingredients such as wild harvest yucca and organic soapbark. It is GMO-free, Paraben-free, Triclosan-free, DEA-free, sulfate-free, and SLS-free, and it has no fragrance, has been allergy tested, and is tear-free. The California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Body Wash is also extremely concentrated: you all need a small amount of baby shampoo for it to work its magic.
9. Nature’s Baby Organics Shampoo & Body Wash
One of the best hypoallergenic shampoos that you can buy, this baby shampoo is a great choice for the aware consumer. Nature’s Baby Organics Shampoo & Body Wash is a Vegan product made from organic aloe, calendula, and chamomile, and is hypoallergenic, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. Harsh chemicals are not used, and as an Amazon’s Choice product you know you are getting something special with this organic baby shampoo.
8. Aquaphor Baby Wash & Shampoo
If you’re looking for a baby wash or shampoo, you should definitely consider this Aquaphor baby product. It is clinically proven to be completely safe for sensitive skin and, safe for the scalp as well. The presence of vitamin B5 ensures that the skin is cleaned properly, and there is no moisture loss from the skin which is an added advantage. Also, you can use it for gentle cleaning quite easily.
Even with the help of gentle cleaning, it will be able to remove all the dust and contaminants. It has a tear-free formula that ensures that the child will be at complete ease when you’re using this baby wash and shampoo. Thus, it is not only useful but highly versatile.
7. Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash
This baby shampoo for dry scalps is made from a third-generation formula that is tear-free and only made from natural preservatives. It has no allergens or irritants and is perfectly suited for those suffering eczema or other skin maladies. The Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash is a 100% satisfaction guaranteed baby shampoo, and recently won the Bump 2018 award for best baby skincare.
6. Live Clean Baby Gentle Moisture Tearless Shampoo & Wash
This kids‘ shampoo is tear-free and made with certified organic botanicals such as chamomile, lavender, and aloe, and is Vegan and 97% plant-based. The Live Clean Baby Gentle Moisture Tearless Shampoo & Wash is free of parabens, sulfates, and harmful chemicals, and is cruelty-free and not tested on animals.
5. CeraVe Baby Wash and Shampoo
This is one of the best shampoos for toddlers that can be found on the market. Made from a tear-free formula that is gentle on baby skin and hair, its created with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-11) that helps to restore and maintain consistency. The CeraVe Baby Wash and Shampoo is paraben, sulfate, and fragrance-free, and is also supported by the National Eczema Association.
4. Babyganics Baby Shampoo and Body Wash
This product is one of the best shampoo brands out there. The Babyganics Baby Shampoo and Body Wash is an Amazon’s Choice product, a universally approved standard of excellence. It is made from natural plant-based ingredients and was tested and approved by pediatricians and dermatologists.
3. Bella B Bee Gone Cradle Cap Baby Shampoo
This baby shampoo for cradle cap is an Amazon’s Choice product, so you know you are getting something special. The Bella B Bee Gone Cradle Cap Baby Shampoo is made from natural and organic ingredients, is hypoallergenic and paraben-free, and is excellent for sensitive skin.
2. Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo
Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo with organic calendula blends into a rich, lathering wash that gently cleans your baby’s delicate skin and hair without drying. This tear-free, hypoallergenic formula rinses clean, leaving a soft, fresh fragrance. Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo with calming organic calendula is formulated to be gentle enough for the infant’s skin. Cetaphil Baby is dedicated to expert care for your baby’s delicate skin. This is recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians.
1. Aveeno Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo
Gently cleanse your baby’s skin and hair with Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo, which features a gentle formula that gently cleanses without drying. For babies with sensitive skin, this tear-free formula gently cleanses without drying. Pediatrician-recommended, the formula contains natural oat extract, which is known to soothe and gently nourish delicate skin. The rich lathering formula rinses clean, leaving a light, fresh fragrance. This combination of baby wash and shampoo is soap-free, hypoallergenic, and safe for daily use.
Baby Shampoos Buying Guide
Although we could’ve listed the ten best baby shampoos available and left it at that, we wanted to dive deeper into the subject so that parents had all of the information they need to select not only the best shampoo for their baby but the right one as well. And hopefully, the following guide will give parents the information they need to buy the right shampoo for their child.
- Types of Baby Shampoos: Before choosing a baby shampoo for your toddler, it is important to determine your baby’s skin type, sensitivity, and if they have any skin issues including dry skin, eczema, or cradle cap. With that out of the way, bear in mind that most baby shampoos fall into two main categories:
- All-Natural Baby Shampoo – This type of shampoo is just as good because it contains the least amount of chemicals and comes crafted with fruit and plant extracts, jojoba, and essential oils and organic elements. With a wide range of all-natural baby shampoos to choose from, you must be aware of the kind that would suit your baby’s skin type.
- Ingredients To Watch Out For:
- Fragrances – Fragrances are added to almost all baby products including soaps, lotions, diapers, etc. Most companies add in the fragrance to counter the various chemical that could have an overpowering smell. Look for baby shampoos that are fragrant free or ones that come with natural aromas obtained from the ingredients present in the product. Fragrance can cause skin rashes, itchy dry skin, or even respiratory issues.
- Parabens – Parabens are considered toxic and can be found in a wide range of products like body washes, moisturizers, soaps, and more. This ingredient can cause skin itching, hormone disruption, and can be very harmful to your baby.
- DEA and TEA – Diethanolamine and Triethanolamine are harmful ingredients that must be avoided if you want to keep your baby’s skin safe.
- Natural Ingredients – Choosing a baby shampoo that consists of all-natural ingredients like plants and fruit extracts is definitely a better choice. Shampoos that are all-natural do not contain any chemicals or toxins and are safer for your baby.
- Versatility – There are many shampoos out there that work as a body wash. It is important to check the label and choose one that would help you save your money in the long run, mostly by saving what you would otherwise spend on a soap or body wash.
- Safety – Choose a baby shampoo that is clinically tested and approved by dermatologists and pediatricians. We talked about the many hazardous chemicals sometimes found in baby shampoos, chemicals that can pose certain health risks if the baby is exposed to them on a regular basis.
At exactly the exact same time, the best shampoo is multipurpose so that you may use it to wash your baby from head to toe. Plus it may be used from the entire family, which can be convenient and cost-effective.
Last update on 2021-03-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API