If you are thinking of purchasing a tool that will help you to grind, cut and polish metals, an angle grinder is an ideal choice for you. They are lightweight and they do a perfect job for you without getting tired. There are a lot of angle grinders that are accessible in the market today. This brings more confusion on the best angle grinder that you should purchase, for that reason, we have done much research and come up with a list of top 10 best Angle Grinders reviews, but before reading this, let us look at the buying guide.
Table of Contents
- Best Angle Grinders in 2019
- 10. Makita 9564CV 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- 9. Bosch 1375A 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- 8. Makita GA4530 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- 7. Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder 6.2-Amp
- 6. PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG Angle Grinder
- 5. Hitachi G12SA3 4-1/2-Inch 8-Amp Angle Grinder
- 4. BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 6 Amp Angle Grinder
- 3. DEWALT DWE402 4-1/2-Inch 11-Amp Paddle Switch Angle Grinder
- 2. Makita 9557PBX1 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder with Aluminum Case
- 1. PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG 6.0-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- Angle Grinders Buying Guide
Best Angle Grinders in 2019
10. Makita 9564CV 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
Makita’s 4-1/2” SJS Angle Grinder combines 13 AMP variable speed power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting stone grinding and polishing performance. The 9564CV is engineered with Makita’s innovative SJS mechanical clutch system to protect the gears for longer tool life. 13 AMP Power with SJS mechanical clutch system to Protect Gears. The 9564CV is powered by a 13 AMP motor with soft start for smoother start-ups. The 5-stage variable speed dial (2,800 – 10,500 RPM) allows the user to match the RPM to the application.
The electronic limiter stops the motor and reduces accidental motor overload and burnout, and the electronic speed control maintains consistent speed under load. Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination. In addition, the protective zig-zag varnish seals the motor and bearings from dust and debris by creating a barrier under rotation.
9. Bosch 1375A 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
Bosch is another well-known manufacturer that produced this great 1375A angle. It’s made with great features hence worth considering it. Working with it is very easy and it is very powerful. if features a locking on/off switch that will assist to cut down exhaustion if you use this gadget for a long time. It has a weight of 3.75 lbs. and thus lightweight.
The whole gadget is made with solid materials that include crack resistant polymer plastics and metal alloys that make it be more durable and long-lasting. It also features an epoxy-coating that prevent any dust from entering the motor.
8. Makita GA4530 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
Makita’s 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder (model GA4530) combines 6 AMP power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial grinding performance. The GA4530 is ideal for masons, welders, shipyard workers, automotive technicians, stone/tile work, HVAC, electricians, and general contractors for a range of grinding applications. The GA4530 is powered by a 6 AMP motor that delivers 11,000 RPM for the most demanding applications.
The machined bevel gears are engineered for longer tool life, and the all-ball bearing design and metal gear housing are engineered for added durability. Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life. In addition, the armature is sealed by a protective zig-zag varnish which prevents contamination by creating a barrier under rotation.
7. Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder 6.2-Amp
This is one of the most lightweight angle grinders that you can get in the market with only four pounds, it will easily sharpen blades and removes rusts, it features a maximum output of 980 watts and also a powerful 6.2 amp motor, it has a perimeter grip of around 7-8 inches that enables you to use it for a long time.
It usually comes with a carrying case and also five grinding wheels, it can be used in various household jobs, for example, grinding welded sections, finishing various metals, casting fin and much more. It measures 10 x 4 x 4 inches hence compact and also easy to carry.
6. PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG Angle Grinder
This angle grinder has a lightweight and compact design thus making it be more portable. It has a weight of 4.1 pounds making it be one of the lightest angle grinders in the market and it features a 7A motor that provides a speed of 11,000 RPM to give an incredible performance. Also, it furnished with a cast metal gear that helps to protect it from overheating.
It is packed with a cut-off wheel, wrench, side handle and user manual that guides you how to use the item more efficiently. This angle grinder is more durable and comes with a 3-years warranty. It also comes with one-year free service in case experiencing worn out parts
5. Hitachi G12SA3 4-1/2-Inch 8-Amp Angle Grinder
Hitachi Company delivers inventive products that have great features and performance and one of them is the Hitachi G12SA3 Angle Grinder. It is a powerful tool that is durable and also more reliable. It has 8 amp motor and it will deliver the output power of a maximum of 1,900W. Removing and attaching the discs is made easy when you are replacing the wheels. Features a small diameter handle that you can easy grips and do your job for a long time without getting tired.
4. BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 6 Amp Angle Grinder
The Black & Decker BDEG400 4-1/2″ 6 Amp Angle Grinder is ideal for sharpening, cutting, grinding, removing rust and surface preparation. This grinder features a metal gear case for durability and longer life. It offers a 3-position side handle that provides added comfort and control for use with various materials and angles.
It also has a spindle lock for easy accessory changes. Operates at 10,000 rpm, with a spindle size range of 5/8″ – 11 “. Includes: (1) 4-1/2” Small angle grinder, (1) Metal grinding wheel, (1) Spanner wrench. Black & Decker BDEG400 6-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Spindle Lock Angle Grinder
3. DEWALT DWE402 4-1/2-Inch 11-Amp Paddle Switch Angle Grinder
To keep your workplace cleans while working you needs the DWE402 disc grinder from DEWALT. The angle grinder has an ejection system and great to use in woodwork. The internal mechanism remains clean, and it has an 11-amp motor with an 11,000-rpm speed. To prevent you from turning the power on per accidentally it has a paddle switch. For changing the spindle, it has a spindle lock.
2. Makita 9557PBX1 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder with Aluminum Case
Makita’s 4-1/2” Cut-Off/Angle Grinder combines 7.5 AMP power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. The 9557PB Angle Grinder delivers 11,000 RPM, with soft start for smooth start-ups. The Cut-Off/Angle Grinder also features a range of durability features including labyrinth construction which seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life, as well as a protective zig-zig varnish engineered to seal the armature from dust and debris.
Ease-of-use features include an extra large paddle switch for comfortable operation and a lock-on/off feature for continuous operation. The 9557PB weighs only 4.5 lbs., with a side handle that can be easily installed on either side of the tool. In addition, the “Tool-less” wheel guard adjustment provides easy clamping. This grinder also has an AC/DC switch for use with alternative power sources. The 9557PB is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for cutting, grinding and polishing applications.
1. PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG 6.0-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
If you need a cheap angle grinder that can handle a wide array of works, then PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG is for you. The Porter Cable grinder runs at 11,000 RPM which is quite fast for removing materials. The motor power is 6 amp, which means the grinder has got a decent motor for various jobs. The grinder comes with a side handle for easy maneuver.
Angle Grinders Buying Guide
- Disc Size: This is one of the most vital factors with regard to an angle grinder. The one that has a bigger angle of disc size, it will have more power but they usually vary depending on the tool manufactures. The best size should be around 4.5 to 9-inches. For instance, if you are doing a smaller job, a smaller grinder with a smaller disk size is ideal for you and vice versa.
- Motor Power: Angle grinder’s power is measured in voltage, amp, and wattage. With voltage, select between 110 to 230 volts, with the wattage; it should range between 500 to 2500 watts, and the amp ratings range between 4 to 15A. A lower score is sufficient for household usage, while the one with more amps is ideal for heavy-duty projects.
- Comfort: 2 things could distress the pleasure when utilizing your angle grinders. It’s size and weight. Unless you require a grinder for construction and industrial jobs, smaller units are simple to hold for an extended time.
- Speed: Angle grinder usually has a lot of power. While working, the disc rotates at a speed between 5 to 10 thousand RPM. But, when you buy a high-performance grinder, it can lead to particular risks of harm.
Whether you are planning to do DIY projects at home or need a commercial disc grinder, we hope you can find yours here with us. We have selected only the best angle grinders from reputable name brands to help make your search easier. Each of these side grinders offers you versatility with the durable and easy to use design. Get yours today and start tackling any do it yourself project easily.