If you are thinking of purchasing a tool that will help you to grind, cut, and polish metals, an angle grinder is an ideal choice for you. They are lightweight and they do a perfect job for you without getting tired. There are a lot of angle grinders that are accessible in the market today. This brings more confusion on the best angle grinder that you should purchase, for that reason, we have done much research and come up with a list of top 10 best Angle Grinders reviews, but before reading this, let us look at the buying guide.
Table of Contents
- Best Angle Grinders in 2021
- 10. Makita 9564CV 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- 9. Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder 6.2-Amp
- 8. Avid Power 7.5 Amp Angle Grinder
- 7. PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG Angle Grinder
- 6. PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG 6.0-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- 5. Makita 9557PBX1 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder with Aluminum Case
- 4. Bosch 1375A 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- 3. PORTER-CABLE 20V Angle Grinder
- 2. DEWALT DWE402 4-1/2-Inch 11-Amp Paddle Switch Angle Grinder
- 1. BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 6 Amp Angle Grinder
- Angle Grinders Buying Guide
Best Angle Grinders in 2021
10. Makita 9564CV 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
Makita’s 4-1/2” SJS Angle Grinder combines 13 AMP variable speed power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting stone grinding and polishing performance. The 9564CV is engineered with Makita’s innovative SJS mechanical clutch system to protect the gears for longer tool life. 13 AMP Power with SJS mechanical clutch system to Protect Gears. The 9564CV is powered by a 13 AMP motor with soft start for smoother start-ups. The 5-stage variable speed dial (2,800 – 10,500 RPM) allows the user to match the RPM to the application.
The electronic limiter stops the motor and reduces accidental motor overload and burnout, and the electronic speed control maintains consistent speed under load. Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination. In addition, the protective zig-zag varnish seals the motor and bearings from dust and debris by creating a barrier under rotation.
9. Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder 6.2-Amp
This is one of the most lightweight angle grinders that you can get in the market with only four pounds, it will easily sharpen blades and removes rusts, it features a maximum output of 980 watts and also a powerful 6.2 amp motor, it has a perimeter grip of around 7-8 inches that enables you to use it for a long time.
It usually comes with a carrying case and also five grinding wheels, it can be used in various household jobs, for example, grinding welded sections, finishing various metals, casting fin, and much more. It measures 10 x 4 x 4 inches hence compact and also easy to carry.
8. Avid Power 7.5 Amp Angle Grinder
The Avid Power 7.5 Amp Angle Grinder is an affordable grinder that will be great for buyers who are looking for a tool they can use on small tasks. The slim lightweight design will be comfortable to use, and it also includes a covering that protects against sparks and splinters. The tool is also extremely quick. The 7.5 amps of power can generate an incredible 11,000 rotations per minute.
However, there seem to be some fundamental design flaws that make it difficult to use for extended periods. When the motor becomes overstressed due to excessive use, it gets extremely hot to the point that it can be difficult to hold. The motor can even get so hot that the tool will temporarily stop working. For very small jobs, this Avid Power grinder will do fine. For more intense work, you’ll want a better tool.
7. PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG Angle Grinder
This angle grinder has a lightweight and compact design thus making it be more portable. It has a weight of 4.1 pounds making it be one of the lightest angle grinders in the market and it features a 7A motor that provides a speed of 11,000 RPM to give an incredible performance. Also, it furnished with a cast metal gear that helps to protect it from overheating.
It is packed with a cut-off wheel, wrench, side handle, and user manual that guides you on how to use the item more efficiently. This angle grinder is more durable and comes with a 3-years warranty. It also comes with one-year free service in case experiencing worn out parts
6. PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG 6.0-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
If you need a cheap angle grinder that can handle a wide array of works, then PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG is for you. The Porter-Cable grinder runs at 11,000 RPM which is quite fast for removing materials. The motor power is 6 amp, which means the grinder has got a decent motor for various jobs. The grinder comes with a side handle for easy maneuver.
5. Makita 9557PBX1 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder with Aluminum Case
Makita’s 4-1/2” Cut-Off/Angle Grinder combines 7.5 AMP power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. The 9557PB Angle Grinder delivers 11,000 RPM, with a soft start for smooth start-ups. The Cut-Off/Angle Grinder also features a range of durability features including labyrinth construction which seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life, as well as a protective zig-zag varnish engineered to seal the armature from dust and debris.
Ease-of-use features include an extra-large paddle switch for comfortable operation and a lock-on/off feature for continuous operation. The 9557PB weighs only 4.5 lbs., with a side handle that can be easily installed on either side of the tool. In addition, the “Tool-less” wheel guard adjustment provides easy clamping. This grinder also has an AC/DC switch for use with alternative power sources. The 9557PB is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for cutting, grinding, and polishing applications.
4. Bosch 1375A 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
Bosch is another well-known manufacturer that produced this great 1375A angle. It’s made with great features hence worth considering it. Working with it is very easy and it is very powerful. if features a locking on/off switch that will assist to cut down exhaustion if you use this gadget for a long time. It has a weight of 3.75 lbs. and thus lightweight.
The whole gadget is made with solid materials that include crack resistant polymer plastics and metal alloys that make it be more durable and long-lasting. It also features an epoxy-coating that prevent any dust from entering the motor.
3. PORTER-CABLE 20V Angle Grinder
One of the most impressive aspects of the Porter-Cable 20V MAX is the housing. The steel-cased tool is durable enough to stand up to job site wear and tear. This grinder has an ergonomic handle, an adjustable handguard, and a tool-free wheel change that will make it easy to maintain. Budget buyers will also appreciate the affordable price.
Unfortunately, it’s just somewhat lacking when it comes to power. The 20v motor doesn’t have enough juice to work with harder woods or tough materials. The steel housing also makes it very heavy, which will be a drag for long-term use.
2. DEWALT DWE402 4-1/2-Inch 11-Amp Paddle Switch Angle Grinder
To keep your workplace cleans while working you need the DWE402 disc grinder from DEWALT. The angle grinder has an ejection system and great to use in woodwork. The internal mechanism remains clean, and it has an 11-amp motor with an 11,000-rpm speed. To prevent you from turning the power on per accidentally it has a paddle switch. For changing the spindle, it has a spindle lock.
1. BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 6 Amp Angle Grinder
The Black & Decker BDEG400 4-1/2″ 6 Amp Angle Grinder is ideal for sharpening, cutting, grinding, removing rust, and surface preparation. This grinder features a metal gear case for durability and longer life. It offers a 3-position side handle that provides added comfort and control for use with various materials and angles.
It also has a spindle lock for easy accessory changes. Operates at 10,000 RPM, with a spindle size range of 5/8″ – 11 “. Includes (1) 4-1/2” Small-angle grinder, (1) Metal grinding wheel, (1) Spanner wrench. Black & Decker BDEG400 6-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Spindle Lock Angle Grinder
Angle Grinders Buying Guide
- Disc Size: This is one of the most vital factors with regard to an angle grinder. The one that has a bigger angle of disc size, it will have more power but they usually vary depending on the tool manufacturers. The best size should be around 4.5 to 9-inches. For instance, if you are doing a smaller job, a smaller grinder with a smaller disk size is ideal for you and vice versa.
- Motor Power: Angle grinder’s power is measured in voltage, amp, and wattage. With voltage, select between 110 to 230 volts, with the wattage; it should range between 500 to 2500 watts, and the amp ratings range between 4 to 15A. A lower score is sufficient for household usage, while the one with more amps is ideal for heavy-duty projects.
- Comfort: 2 things could distress the pleasure when utilizing your angle grinders. It’s size and weight. Unless you require a grinder for construction and industrial jobs, smaller units are simple to hold for an extended time.
- Speed: Angle grinder usually has a lot of power. While working, the disc rotates at a speed between 5 to 10 thousand RPM. But, when you buy a high-performance grinder, it can lead to particular risks of harm.
Whether you are planning to do DIY projects at home or need a commercial disc grinder, we hope you can find yours here with us. We have selected only the best angle grinders from reputable name brands to help make your search easier. Each of these side grinders offers you versatility with the durable and easy to use design. Get yours today and start tackling any do it yourself project easily.
Last update on 2021-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API